New to the forum got a transfer problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > New to the forum got a transfer problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Cocacola808

1983 CJ7 

New to the forum got a transfer problem

I have an 83 cj7 all stock right now
It has a t5 trany and a Dana 300 transfer
The problem is the transfer won't engage if I start the jeep
It knocks bad push in the clutch and it stops the t5 shifts but the dana300
Is like it is in between gears and when you try to shift the transfer
Just won't move and when it finally does go in gear it jumps out in about two seconds tryed a few things but nothing yet
I bought the jeep from a friend that had it parked in his garage for 5 years
He parked it thinking he was going to build his dream the it just sat there
The body and frame are rot free
Only surface rust needed a new fuel pump
I bought it for 800 plates in storage
Took about half hour to get it running but can't drive do to the transfer not engaging in any gear
Any help would be great thank you

Cocacola808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Palmetto

1981 CJ7 

What exactly is going on?

So if your trans is in neutral you still can't engage the xfer case if the engine is running?

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloYJ View Post
It's a Jeep thing, I don't even understand it sometimes.
1981 CJ-7, AMC 360 bored .30 over, Edelbrock Intake, Edelbrock Cam, Edelbrock Double Roller Timing Chain, Holly 650 truck avenger carb, Flowcooler water pump. '97 Dodge 4wd Std NV4500. D300 Twin Sticked. Corbeau Seats, Custom Dash with Autometer guages, Electronic Speedo, all stainless hardware, Outlaw II Wheels, BFG AT 33" Tires, Flex-A-Lite Dual Electric Fan, AGR steering box, Borgeson steering shaft, ididit tilt column, Mean Green Starter, Tuffy console, poly gas tank, handmade rear bumper, cheap radio and speakers.

2000 XJ - HO 4.0L, 245/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. PSC gearbox. IRO Double Shear Trackbar. New headliner. IRO Hack & Tap SYE. IRO adjustable UCA & LCA, RE 3.5" lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks, JKS Quick Disconnects. Future mod: OTK steering, lockers, FIPK, rock sliders, JCR Bumpers, rear storage, high pinion rear (3.55), frame reinforcement, hood louvers, rack lighting.
Palmetto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
Cocacola808

1983 CJ7 

Got frustrated put in a nouther d300 only to find the problem was trany broken main shaft was a t5 just put in a t176 much better now

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cocacola808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.