New Cam Bearings- Time for a Stoker? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > New Cam Bearings- Time for a Stoker?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
jeeperxj2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

New Cam Bearings- Time for a Stoker?

Hi all,

My 2000 xj had a cracked head and low oil pressure, long story boring I've replaced 3/4 of the motor (head, main and rod bearings, oil pump, lifters, arms, rockers) still couldn't fix the low oil pressure problem. The last possible cause could be the cam bearings so now that I'm stuck pulling the motor why not upgrade the stock 4.0?

Since I'm a garage do-it-yourselfer I decided a swap to an LS1 or 5.2mag would be out of my range of abilities with the transmission and electronic adaptations needed. Decided the easiest improvement would be keeping the current 4.0 and get a stroker kit, machining the current block etc.

Any other options I should consider? I don't want to spend more than $2,000-$3,000

Thanks!

jeeperxj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.