Need Transmission Id help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Need Transmission Id help

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-17-2002, 12:07 PM   #1
Corky

Need Transmission Id help

Hi, I just replaced the ax-5 in my 1990 jeep with a rebuilt ax-5 from an unknown year and model jeep vehicle. Here is the problem. when I replaced the 5th gear lock out switch it lacks about 1/4 inch from contacting the transmission to turn the shift light off in 5th gear. I know what you are all going to say %$@#@ the shift light. But you see this has grown into a sort of quest for knowledge. The Freakin dealer cannot find the switch on his computer for the later model jeeps with the ax5! He tells me that they don't have upshift light anymore! The guy who rebuilt the tranny says that there a 2 models of the switch, and he is sending me the switch. I still want to ID the year model of the tranny so that I can tell mechanics in the future what it came out of! I refuse to be beaten by a stupid light!!!!!!! Thanks if you can help me. I can provide you with the number on the transmission if it will help. It starts with a 6----. Please e-mail if you have a clue, or know a book somewhere that identifies Jeep motors and transmissions by model and serial number.

Corky

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.