Need Transmission Id help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 01-17-2002, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Corky

Need Transmission Id help

Hi, I just replaced the ax-5 in my 1990 jeep with a rebuilt ax-5 from an unknown year and model jeep vehicle. Here is the problem. when I replaced the 5th gear lock out switch it lacks about 1/4 inch from contacting the transmission to turn the shift light off in 5th gear. I know what you are all going to say %$@#@ the shift light. But you see this has grown into a sort of quest for knowledge. The Freakin dealer cannot find the switch on his computer for the later model jeeps with the ax5! He tells me that they don't have upshift light anymore! The guy who rebuilt the tranny says that there a 2 models of the switch, and he is sending me the switch. I still want to ID the year model of the tranny so that I can tell mechanics in the future what it came out of! I refuse to be beaten by a stupid light!!!!!!! Thanks if you can help me. I can provide you with the number on the transmission if it will help. It starts with a 6----. Please e-mail if you have a clue, or know a book somewhere that identifies Jeep motors and transmissions by model and serial number.

Corky

1990 2.5 jeep wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.