Need some help asap! No idea what went wrong!?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Need some help asap! No idea what went wrong!?!

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
mfakih

Need some help asap! No idea what went wrong!?!

Hey everyone. I very recently got a 2005 jeep grand cherokee , 3.7l v6. 4x4 (standard). This morning i was pulling out of my driveway (reverse), and as soon as i reached the end of the drive way at the street ( about 10-15 feet from the parked position) all the sudden the jeep came to a complete stop! Never happened before. I was not giving it any gas what so ever. I was simply letting the jeep roll (in reverse position). The engine did Not shut off nor did i get any kind of message or notification on the dash. I put it back into drive and it whent normally back up the driveway and i parked it. I tried to reverse again following the same exact steps and it didnt do it again. But when i got i to the lane and put the gear into drive and slowly took off, i noticed a sound that cMe from the front left aide of the jeep. Any ideas? I parked it and havnt tried to run it since. Help anyone ?? Thanks!

mfakih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
mfakih

To give it some more detail, it felt like all my tired locked or something. The feeling was as if i suddenly slammed my breaks on. The tires even made screech in the pavement. No leaks are apparent, i briefly inspected beneath the jeep (visually) and nothing seemed out of the norm. Trucks got 133,000km's on it. Very good condition inside and out. As soon as i felt this i just parked it and had to get to work , any clues??? Thanks again to all!
mfakih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
act3k

Could be an ABS issue. I would check that system out
act3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
DaemonForce

I'm going to also say ABS issue. I think I've seen this before. It's the electronic thing on the wheel hub isn't it? Electronics on a braking system frighten me worse than a fuel injection system and I'm glad I don't have to mess with either one. It's good that you were caught by a stuck brake instead of a jammed brake that stopped working entirely in fast traffic or on a hill. At least you and the Jeep escaped that nightmare.
DaemonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfakih View Post
Hey everyone. I very recently got a 2005 jeep grand cherokee , 3.7l v6. 4x4 (standard). This morning i was pulling out of my driveway (reverse), and as soon as i reached the end of the drive way at the street ( about 10-15 feet from the parked position) all the sudden the jeep came to a complete stop! Never happened before. I was not giving it any gas what so ever. I was simply letting the jeep roll (in reverse position). The engine did Not shut off nor did i get any kind of message or notification on the dash. I put it back into drive and it whent normally back up the driveway and i parked it. I tried to reverse again following the same exact steps and it didnt do it again. But when i got i to the lane and put the gear into drive and slowly took off, i noticed a sound that cMe from the front left aide of the jeep. Any ideas? I parked it and havnt tried to run it since. Help anyone ?? Thanks!
Pull the ABS fuse and ABS relay and see what that does for you.

If your girl is throwing gang signs with her toes you're hitting the spot.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.