Need to replace a cracked cylinder head... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Need to replace a cracked cylinder head...

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
balentinebj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Need to replace a cracked cylinder head...

1999 Wrangler 2.5l 4cyl (118k miles)

I need to replace a cylinder head that is cracked. I was told by the shop that it appears that someone welded a crack (before I had the Jeep) and the weld has apparently failed. I have a warranty, but they are not going to cover it because of the weld. I have a friend that is a mechanic and we're going to do this ourselves. I have a pretty goo idea of what I need, but I would appreciate it greatly if someone would let me know what is needed to pull this off so I don't miss something. (I'm talking about parts, besides the head itself).

thanks

balentinebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
JeepFreak1982
1998 ZJ 

New head, new head gasket, new intake manifold gasket, new head bolts, new thermostat and housing gasket, new valve cover gasket, good torque wrench, antifreeze and oil, that should cover it
JeepFreak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.