Need Help Badly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Need Help Badly

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-05-2002, 05:01 PM   #1
CJ7Jeff

Need Help Badly

Okay, I have changed the thermostat , the fan clutch, and flushed the system. I even went as far as to borrow a buddy's electric fan setup to see if that would help. Why does my Jeep continue to run hot only on the highway? I am stumped. Please help! Any and all comments would be appreciated.

Unread 08-05-2002, 07:09 PM   #2
johny1i

Considering the age of your jeep, and if it hasn't been flushed on a regular basis, you may need to have the radiator rodded to remove the calcium build-up. The best thing to run in a radiator is antifreeze and distilled water, but we all get lazy and put tap water in them. The build-up will seriously obstruct the flow of water. Sometimes the cost of rodding one is so close to just buying a new one that it isn't worth it. Therefore, ask for a price first and compare it with the cost of a new radiator.

Also, you may check your lower radiator hose to make sure it has a spring inside of it. Without one, the hose can collapse due to the suction when the engine is running at high rpms (high flow).

These are the two simplest suggestions I can make. Timing that is set too low (not enough advance) makes the engine run hotter, but we're probably splitting hairs at that point. You can keep that in mind, though, if these first two suggestions are null.
Currently an '86 CJ-7 and a '77 CJ-7 Golden Eagle---#4 and 5 following a '01 Sahara, '90 Sahara, and '85 CJ-7....
johny1i is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.