NEED help with air intake. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > NEED help with air intake. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-28-2001, 06:42 PM   #1
Rage

NEED help with air intake. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED an air intake for my 90 YJ. Right now I have absolutely nothing. The TBI is sitting there totally in the open, I have no air box, nothing. No filtration system of anykind.
I have searched and searched again for an aftermarket kit online for several days now to no avail. Everything I find either requires I have some of the stock components, or it is made for a TJ.
I have the 4 cylinder 2.5 engine with the throttle body injector. Would someone please be so kind as to provide me with a link to a company who makes these for my engine. Or does it exist?
I am having much trouble even finding just an entire replacement OEM air intake.
I have searched K & N's site but they dont seem to make a kit for my engine type. I have checked Poweraid's site with the same result.
I know many of you guys use exactly what Im looking for. Please help.
OK, Im done begging. LOL I just want to drive my YJ.

Unread 08-31-2001, 12:07 AM   #2
HighCountry
1986 CJ7 

So, why not just either hit the scrap yard or go down to the Jeep dealer and get a new one?

Bruc
HighCountry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2001, 12:34 AM   #3
Rage

Yeah, I thought It'd be that easy too. I went to every wrecking yard within a 100 mile radius (literally) and noone had one. I went to Jeep and they said they would have to do some searching and they'd call me. I looked online. I called K & N. I went to every auto parts store in my town and the surrounding ones. Came up with nothing everytime.
However, I finally found a wrecking yard in California yesterday that said they could hook me up. Now just waiting to see.
It would have been easier I think to find the proverbial needled in a haystack.
Unread 09-02-2001, 08:54 PM   #4
HighCountry
1986 CJ7 

Hey Rage, hope that lead pans out! Just a little advice, find you a DIFFERENT Jeep dealer to do business with. That answer is unacceptable.

Bruce
HighCountry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2001, 11:40 AM   #5
Rage

The yard in California seems to have come through for me. They said they had averything I needed down to the screws to hold everything in place. It should be arriving tomorrow then I will see.
I agree, the Jeep dealership here sucks. Not to mentioned totally overpriced!! I have paid outrageous prices for a few other things.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.