Need Help... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Need Help...

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
WarWhit

Need Help...

I have a 06 Unlimited Rubicon with a idle issue... It will crank fine and run fine down the highway. The problem is it will run a while then the idle will drop like its gonna die out then it will recover and idle up then within a few seconds or minutes it will do it again... No codes at all...

WarWhit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
WarWhit

So far I've changed the idle air control, map sensor, crank position sensor, the cam position sensor, the fuel pump and the plugs.... What else could be causing this to keep happening? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Unread 05-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
WarWhit

Also replaced the throttle position sensor, nothing seems to get rid of this gremlin!
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
bigfootdave
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would get it into a shop where they can confirm the synchronization of the cam and crank position sensors. From your description of the issue, it would seem that you've replaced everything electronic and it's still there. I also believe your IAC system is working, trying to make idle adjustments....so focus elsewhere. I have known of many new parts being defective out if the box, more so with non Jeep factory components. Also know that even brand new Jeep crank position sensors are just a hair "touchy" for lack of a better term. The synchro check will tell you more than about anything else you can spend money on.
bigfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
WarWhit

Thanks dude... It's looking like I'm gonna have to give in a take it somewhere... :-/
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
bigfootdave
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have a local guy here in Washington that has the equipment to do it, so I know it does not have to be a dealership service item. I had similar problems and did what you did, replace everything that had anything to do with it's idle. Ended up needing to have it re-synchronized, cost me about the same as replacing everything I had already done.
bigfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
WarWhit

I'll ask around and try that! I do appreciate the help. This has been an elusive fix!
And down here in Alabama it's quickly getting way to hot to be under the hood!
Thanks Again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.