Need engine specs for 2.5L and the old I6es - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Need engine specs for 2.5L and the old I6es

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 01-29-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Need engine specs for 2.5L and the old I6es

Well, I've found an old Opel Ascona I'm about to have some fun in, and figured, since I can get a good deal on a 2.5L (free), why not put that into it? Well, I need to know the measurements of the engine to find out if it will fit into the engine compartment. Since the Ascona is such a light car, the 2.5L should do fine in it, and when I get ahold of it, its not going inside it in stock form anyway. So, what's the height length and width of the engine, and all necessary accessories? What about the I6es? Power steering, AC, and power brakes dont exactly have to be included. Also, the old CJ 3,4, and 5 speed transmissions, what're the measurements on them? I need to fit them into a smallish transmission tunnel in this thing. Sorry guys, I tried to measure it myself, but all I have is an AX5 and 2.5L, and I dont think my numbers on the 2.5L were too accurate. I figured some of you would know though.

Unread 02-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Come on guys, I know some of you all know where I can find the specs. All I need is the length width and heighth of the I6es and 2.5L, I know some of you probably know. A 252 or 4.0L would be pretty sweet in a car that came from the factory with a 1.9L
Unread 02-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #3
bobjp

I measured my 4.0 at about 32" X 24" X 25." It was a rough measurement and that included the accessories and manifolds. I don't know about the 2.5L.

I don't think your problem is going to be with getting it to fit, it is going to be making everything work. If you go with anything other than a 4 cylender you're going to have to beef up the suspension. Plus if you want a computer controlled engine you will have to figure out the crankshaft position sensor. It'd probably be best to swap out the whole engine and transmission as one unless you know someone who can make an adapter for you.

For any parts you may need, you could try advance adapters. But I don't know if they have stuff for opels.
bobjp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I know, that's why I plan on using an older transmission from a jeep if I can get it to fit in the transmission tunnel. I might also do an AWD set up as well with it by using an NP 229 or 242 if the driveshaft isn't too short afterwards. The problem with the Opel is the old engine was light and these are heavier, and the body is of course a unibody. Thank you a ton for your effort!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.