Need Advice on engine replacement ASAP!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Need Advice on engine replacement ASAP!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
AntiSoberSam
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Need Advice on engine replacement ASAP!!

Hey Guys,

I have a 2001 Wrangler and the stock oil pump ran low on pressure or gave out. Either way my engine is knocking and about to blow up.

What is a good engine to put in (I want a stroker but don't have the $$ for one) I looking between a Jasper, ATK , or S&J. Which is the best or is there a better engine somewhere I haven't found?

I have to decide by tomorrow so any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

AntiSoberSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

I dont have an opinion on any of those brands, and if you heard one from somebody whether good or bad, somebody else with come along and say different. What I would look at is the warranty though. Look at what they offer and compare it to their price. Also make sure that they include a warranty that they also include the labor if its being installed at shop.

The last thing you would want is to buy a reman engine and 6 mos down the road something happened to it and you are out the money to replace it again. Crap happens and even though you go with a reputable reman engine, it could have a problem and with a warranty they would cover it.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
floridajpr
2012 JK Wrangler 

My 4.0L took a dump with the dreaded OPDA problem at 90,000 miles and the Jeep dealer gave me a new stock 4.0L price of $7200.00. I called my local Jeep mechanic and they said they could do me a 4.7L Stroker for $5500.00. If you are doing the engine swap yourself, it will probly be cheaper to just put in a stock 4.0L. If you can somehow do a Stroker, I would highly suggest to do so. I just broke my 4.7 Stroker in and what a difference.

The Stroker was a re-build of my original 4.0L with a 505 Performance 4.7L Stroker kit, new head, and a JBA header. I already had a RE 62MM throttlebody, Airraid intake, Banks Catback Exhaust, and 4.88 gears.
floridajpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine replacement , help needed , help please , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.