Msd - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Msd

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 12-13-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
al666

Msd

I was wondering if anyone is running a msd 6 A series ignition box or a Mallory or something similar and if it was worth it, thinking about getting one. THANKS

al666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
Marauderk
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I run one on my YJ and love it.
But i am not sure if it will help you fuel injected jeep. Mine's a carbed 4.2

2007 Rescue Green 2d Rubicon 6 speed soft top
Rubicon express 3.5 superflex system,35 in interco truxs mt's, skidrow skid plates, Killby muffler plate
Marauderk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2006, 10:14 PM   #3
jeepercreeper77
1990 YJ Wrangler 

marauderk, what are the other specs on your engine.cam,carb specs,header,etc.i was thinking of doing some engine work to mine in the future and was interested in how yours performs.
90 wrangler,4.2l,1" MML,CRT HEI Dist.,34/34(interco) weber, hurst shftr,5spd,5" BDS lft,f-d30/r-8.8,5/8 lft booms,1" bl,tflex belly up,JB convs. SYE,gdyr mtr35s,hurc'ed,smit src frt bump,gen-r rear bump w/tire carrier,f&r tube fenders,psc knokrs,r gen-rgt ful conr gurds,duel bat.,BIC,m8000
jeepercreeper77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #4
Marauderk
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 4.2 with a clifford aluminum intake and Holly 500 circle track Carb. HEI Dist and MSD 6A. Right now i am running a stock exhaust but thinking on upgrading.

Cam is stock but with the set up i run 35's and 3.55 gears and can hold 70 mph on the road in 5th and plenty of power offroad

2007 Rescue Green 2d Rubicon 6 speed soft top
Rubicon express 3.5 superflex system,35 in interco truxs mt's, skidrow skid plates, Killby muffler plate
Marauderk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
whiskeywiz
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauderk View Post
I run one on my YJ and love it.
But i am not sure if it will help you fuel injected jeep. Mine's a carbed 4.2
just hooked up the MSD 6a. Tach not working. Can you relate?
whiskeywiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.