Motor mount question 4.0 liter conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Motor mount question 4.0 liter conversion

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-11-2004, 12:52 PM   #1
yellar bellied

Motor mount question 4.0 liter conversion

I've got a CJ7 that had the 4.2 and I picked up a 4.0 liter from a 2000 TJ. The problem I've run into is on the drivers side. The three bolt holes that will definantly work with my old 258 motor mounts are all on the same plane. The old motor mount has the upper one of the three in towards the engine by about a 1/4''.

The only way I see to make this work is either to space the lower two out accordingly or to cut or grind the bolt hole to allow for the old mount to be used.
I know the third hole is a metric 12mm and I also am aware of the upper hole in the mount itself requiring some drilling to enlarge it.
I'm very leary about cutting the boss on the block but am also convinced it could be done.

Anybody else run into this problem on that year of engine or similar? And what did you end up doing?
Thanks

Passenger side was a little bit of work for those that are considering this swap but not that big a deal. The mount had to be ground down somewhat as well as a 1/4" of cast on the block, but it was only a fin running along the boss.

red jeep club member #62 Flip'n'Roll Club founder member #1
OFF ROAD USER NOT ABUSER
TAKE SOME CARE SO YOU DON'T LOSE 'ER
1984 CJ 7 with OBII 4.0 liter, NV3550, ARB front, Detroit rear, 4:10's
Full cage, dual Optimas.
www.fourwheelstampeders.ca/gallery/yb
yellar bellied is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.