More problems w/ engine bay - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > More problems w/ engine bay

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 02-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
Rokjeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

More problems w/ engine bay

Well the other night I lost my master cylinder clutch(?) and the next morning I drove to Dads shop, and then bam nothing wanted to work! The engine cranked and cranked and no fire. So we pushed in the shop and to make along stroy short; we checked for ignition all kinds of fire. checked for fuel delivery, had fuel. checked the computer all it gave out was a ACI code and for my 92 4.0L they no longer make one for it. After all said and done two days later the Jp starts! It was in the heated garage is the only difference. What could of happened? Gas get jelled up or injectors?

Hell I was looking for other avenues, What to swap in?, How to rebuild the motor and what parts to use? I really thought I skipped/jumped time. I checked compression, it showed just how many miles the motor had. What does anybody think happened?

Rokjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Could have been frozen water in the fuel line.

A bad crank position sensor will sometimes work and sometimes not work but having fire would seem to eliminate that.

What is an ACI code?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.