more power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > more power

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
dailyyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

more power

ok I've been looking around but haven't seen anything that might list some engine upgrades to give my 2.5 some more power without too much money. im planning a v8 swap this summer along with axle upgrades which I may do a little sooner but would like to have a little more power until then. I've already put a 4.0 throttle body on it with noticeable improvement. has anyone tried something that had an improvement. thanks ahead for some info

dailyyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It's not that cheap, but an e-fan conversion really helped my 4 banger. Good thing about it is you can use it when you upgrade the motor.
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
dailyyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

yeah ive been thinking about it I have a few around and not gonna be driving the hot rod up here any time soon so might steal that one to see how much I gain thanks
dailyyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
W7NB
Educated Redneck

1985 CJ7 

Try http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-TJ-YJ-W...item2578fc8a3d .

I put one in when I did the 4.0 swap on my CJ and have been very pleased, plus it will work well with the V8 swap.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.