Misfire help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Misfire help!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
Kasza87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Misfire help!

I have a 98 tj 4.0l with 160xxx. A few months ago the jeep was constantly over heating and had a bad misfire(cyl 3&4). After looking it over, I found coolant in the oil and experienced other signs that the head gasket was blown. I recently replaced the head gasket, cylinder head, cylinder head bolts and all appropriate gaskets. I also replaced the spark plugs, wires cap&rotor and the coil. The jeep does not over heat anymore and runs well but I still have a slight misfire and occasional CEL with misfires in cylinders 3&4. I also hear a slight ticking noise(can be only be heard while up close to the engine). I changed the injectors for those cylinders and checked the oil pan for metal residue. Any and all suggestions would be great.

Kasza87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.