max h.p. out of 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > max h.p. out of 4.0

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 03-10-2002, 07:27 PM   #1
KG4PAM

max h.p. out of 4.0

what is yalls estimate of the maximum horsies you can get out of a 4.0ho? im thinking about getting a newer wrangler and am curious as to just what i could get. at the MOST, my mods would include a stroker, FIPK, headers, dual exhaust, chip, t body spacer, and maybe better cams. i definately would not go nitrous, and i dont have the dough for a blower. 240-250hp? a very rough guess(and hopeful) guess. thanks a lot! jairus

KG4PAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2002, 08:24 PM   #2
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Why?

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2002, 02:53 PM   #3
jeepcherokeev6

be more specific, why what?

dont have any input on the 4.0ho, though. just had to know why what.

'86 XJ, 2.8 V6 5 spd, 3" lift

"It may be a piece of sh**, but its MY piece of sh**!" -Me
jeepcherokeev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2002, 06:24 PM   #4
MdJEEP420

Its laways the same question...."HOW DO I MAKE MY NEW JEEP THE MOST POWERFUL THING ON EARTH"..."IM GONNA PUT A K&N,and SOME HEADERS, and SOME THROTTLE BODY SPACER..and yada yada yada..."..Look, stop lying to yourself. IF you want a corvette buy one, if you want a CJ with a 400ci. Blown=720HP...Spend the money and buy it. The TJ is a frigging JEEP. ITs not a "Sports Car" IF horsepower is your dream, buy a TURBO or a crated 350 and retro fit your truck. I am not trying to instigate trouble...Its just gets old listening to people praise the magical K&N filter, and Throttle body spacer horsepower gods. JEEP's are cool for their own reasons...you dont need to be the fast and the furious in order to get some ***. Stop trying to race 5.0's off the line...besides all that horsepower..whats it doing for you? Your dropping the clutch at redlights and burning to hell out of your 1st gear..and then tell me you want to play that game with 31-33" tires...I guess you want to have a really cool clunking sound from your driveshaft when you slow down..Its nice knowing that you cause more damage to your truck trying to make a vehicle something it isnt.
Ok, that was my rant. Sorry..had to get it off my chest.
MDJeep420
MdJEEP420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2002, 06:50 PM   #5
evilpsych

anyway.. if you really want to do that.. avenger makes a super charger for the 4.0.. effectively doubles HP and torque..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2002, 08:54 PM   #6
KG4PAM

okay- thanks for yalls input... to tell ya the truth, i was half joking to see if you would call me "riceboy" or any other profane names. i just thought it would be interesting to know how much h.p. you can squeeze from the good ol sixer. besides, i dont have the dough for those mods anyway! thanks... jairus
Unread 03-11-2002, 08:57 PM   #7
KG4PAM

btw, i wasnt talkin about a TJ, i meant a real, leaf sprung jeep
Unread 03-12-2002, 06:14 AM   #8
MdJEEP420

If you were talking REAL jeeps (CJ's) Then you wouldnt have even asked such a question. no doubt that a motor refit would answer any problems with horsepower and is alot more adjustable as to how crazy you want to get....
MdJEEP420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2002, 07:36 AM   #9
TopGun

HESCO supercharger will bring you up to about 275hp, wih other mods, intake, exhaust probably around 300hp? just a guess
TopGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2002, 01:12 PM   #10
KG4PAM

interesting emoticons mr. bill where did ya get 'em?
Unread 03-13-2002, 07:38 PM   #11
KG4PAM

test this is only a test :finger: did it work? i will have to see...
Unread 03-13-2002, 07:38 PM   #12
KG4PAM

no, i guess not
Unread 03-13-2002, 11:16 PM   #13
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Ya know, I go to my kids school and hear 6th graders foul the air. I listen to lousy language on the evening sitcom's, and watch teenybopers cut in front of me and flip me off on the road.Then I come home and sit down at the computer and hop on the Jeep forum for a little relaxing dialog. Good advice and bad, questions and comments, personal glimpses of folks and there love of Jeeps.Then Mr.Bill shows up with his finger(s) raised.Why? Is that realy needed? Do my(and other) kids need to see that?After 15 years of active Army and National Guard time, I can get filthy with the best of them, but NOT HERE! Eveybody has an opinion and they have a right to air it,but please try to be an adult about it and keep this forum clean.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2002, 11:23 PM   #14
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Ya know, I go to my kids school and hear 6th graders foul the air. I listen to lousy language on the evening sitcom's, and watch teenybopers cut in front of me and flip me off on the road.Then I come home and sit down at the computer and hop on the Jeep forum for a little relaxing dialog. Good advice and bad, questions and comments, personal glimpses of folks and there love of Jeeps.Then Mr.Bill shows up with his finger(s) raised.Why? Is that realy needed? Do my(and other) kids need to see that?After 15 years of active Army and National Guard time, I can get filthy with the best of them, but NOT HERE! Eveybody has an opinion and they have a right to air it,but please try to be an adult about it and keep this forum clean.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2002, 03:46 PM   #15
KG4PAM

oh, the friendship and harmony on these boards... btw, mr. bill, could you send me the URL of the site that had the h.p. figures. ya know, before this whole "flip" thing got started...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.