Maint. Req. Light staying on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Maint. Req. Light staying on

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-03-2002, 12:36 AM   #1
Wildbill
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Maint. Req. Light staying on

Time was coming up for an oil change in my '92 YJ and the wife told me about the maint. light staying on. I changed the oil and tried the keyon-keyoff four times trick and got the engine light to flash 5 times twice. Does any one know the engine codes? Also will disconnecting the battery reset the light.

[COLOR=blue]Blue Jeep Club Member #23[/COLOR]

'92 [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] YJ 4.0 HO, 5spd.
'04 [COLOR=silver]Bright Silver[/COLOR] Liberty Sport 4X4 3.7L Stock for now
[URL]www.peaceriverjeepers.com[/URL]

What do a Divorce in Alabama, A Tornado in Kansas and a Hurricane in Florida all have in common?.....No matter what someone is fixin' to lose a trailer
Wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2002, 08:10 AM   #2
Gacherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

The computer flashed code 55 which means that there are no codes in your ECM. You can try disconnecting the positive battery terminal for about 30 sec to 1 min and reconnect. If you buy a haynes manual from any auto parts store, it list the engines codes that are most common in the emission section. The book is around $10-13 and well worth it. I do all of my own self diagnosis instead of going to a shop.
1997 Black XJ Sport 4x4, 1" Shackle/coil spacer lift, Ram Brush guard w/ 6in spot lights, Smittybilt Nerf bars, Class III Hidden Hitch, Elliptical Driving Lamps, Prime Wheels#234 15x8.5, 30x9.50r15, BFG AT's, JVC CD player, Alpine V12 Amp, 1-12in RockfordFosgate Subs, 5-1/4 Rockford Fosgate component speakers in doors & sound bar, Euro-spoiler, Pacesetter Cat-Back, Optima Red Top battery, HID Headlamp Conversion, Gabriel Hijacker Air Shocks on rear axle
Gacherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2002, 03:13 PM   #3
Wildbill
1992 YJ Wrangler 

thanks,

I have a Haynes I will have to look for that section. Will try the battery thing tonite.

thanks again,

[COLOR=blue]Blue Jeep Club Member #23[/COLOR]

'92 [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] YJ 4.0 HO, 5spd.
'04 [COLOR=silver]Bright Silver[/COLOR] Liberty Sport 4X4 3.7L Stock for now
[URL]www.peaceriverjeepers.com[/URL]

What do a Divorce in Alabama, A Tornado in Kansas and a Hurricane in Florida all have in common?.....No matter what someone is fixin' to lose a trailer
Wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.