Maint. Req. Light staying on - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-03-2002, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Wildbill

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Maint. Req. Light staying on

Time was coming up for an oil change in my '92 YJ and the wife told me about the maint. light staying on. I changed the oil and tried the keyon-keyoff four times trick and got the engine light to flash 5 times twice. Does any one know the engine codes? Also will disconnecting the battery reset the light.

Yale H.
Club President
Peace River Jeepers

Blue Jeep Club Member #23

'92 Blue YJ 4.0 HO, 5spd.
'04 Bright Silver Liberty Sport 4X4 3.7L Stock for now
www.peaceriverjeepers.com

What do a Divorce in Alabama, A Tornado in Kansas and a Hurricane in Florida all have in common?.....No matter what someone is fixin' to lose a trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-03-2002, 08:10 AM
Gacherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

The computer flashed code 55 which means that there are no codes in your ECM. You can try disconnecting the positive battery terminal for about 30 sec to 1 min and reconnect. If you buy a haynes manual from any auto parts store, it list the engines codes that are most common in the emission section. The book is around $10-13 and well worth it. I do all of my own self diagnosis instead of going to a shop.

1997 Black XJ Sport 4x4, 1" Shackle/coil spacer lift, Ram Brush guard w/ 6in spot lights, Smittybilt Nerf bars, Class III Hidden Hitch, Elliptical Driving Lamps, Prime Wheels#234 15x8.5, 30x9.50r15, BFG AT's, JVC CD player, Alpine V12 Amp, 1-12in RockfordFosgate Subs, 5-1/4 Rockford Fosgate component speakers in doors & sound bar, Euro-spoiler, Pacesetter Cat-Back, Optima Red Top battery, HID Headlamp Conversion, Gabriel Hijacker Air Shocks on rear axle
post #3 of 3 Old 03-03-2002, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Wildbill

1992 YJ Wrangler 

thanks,

I have a Haynes I will have to look for that section. Will try the battery thing tonite.

thanks again,

Yale H.
Club President
Peace River Jeepers

Blue Jeep Club Member #23

'92 Blue YJ 4.0 HO, 5spd.
'04 Bright Silver Liberty Sport 4X4 3.7L Stock for now
www.peaceriverjeepers.com

What do a Divorce in Alabama, A Tornado in Kansas and a Hurricane in Florida all have in common?.....No matter what someone is fixin' to lose a trailer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.