Lube Lockers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Lube Lockers

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Lube Lockers

What do people think of these... my front diff is leaking again and i need to do something other then RTV i think i keep failing at it the rear sealed fine but i cannot get the front to seal for crap.

Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Have worked well for me
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

I have yet to install mine, should work great.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Lube Locker gaskets are awesome and they're reusable, too!

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

I noticed this thread is a few days old, but I would like to weigh in. I have never used a lube locker or even sealed more than a couple of diffs. I would recommend though to ensure your mating surfaces are clean and not warped/ damaged. OEMs are able to get a seal that lasts for years and tens of thousands of miles with cork. I am not poo-pooing on the lube locker, I am looking to redo my ring and pinions in the next month or so and a reusable gasket sounds like a real good idea. Good luck sealing up your stuff, just wanted to throw that thought that there could be a deeper issue than just the gasket.
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
Tdog02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

RTV on diff covers is simple and cheap. It's also a PITA when cleaning it off during changes and makes the job a lot longer and messier.

Lube lockers are a nice addition and have been reused (on my rig) three times without issue. I would only use RTV as a field expedient fix if I couldn't reuse the gasket.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.