Low Budget 4.6 Stroker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Low Budget 4.6 Stroker

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-28-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
crosscheck17
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Low Budget 4.6 Stroker

I've been searching around for a little bit about building a 4.6 stroker out of a 4.0 and every site I've visited makes it look like something that is going to take me years to complete. I guess I really don't mind the time it takes to build, I'm just looking for something within my budget. I've already pulled the air restrictor lookin for some cheap (FREE) horses but it did absolutely nothing. So searching for more power modifications after that brought me upon the stroker. It seems a lot easier than a V8 swap and it will put me at about 260 HP. As I've said before, I've looked at some of the "budget" setups and the parts lists and install procedures look way out of my mechanical knowledge and ability. I did notice that some parts are out of the 4.2 engine and some other parts are stock. So it makes it seem like I could hit a junkyard for some (or hopefully most) of the parts I need.

Also, how hard is it to build up this engine? The only engine I have ever completely rebuilt is a 5HP OHV Tecumseh go kart engine. That's probly not even close to the I6 in my Jeep. As long as I don't have to weld or fabricate anything for the build, I think I might be able to figure it out.

If anyone has any first hand experience with building a 4.6 stroker, please share your knowledge! Maybe include a basic parts list for dummies or a link to an easily understandable site about it.

I have searched the net a little and have been too lazy to really read all the results, half of them being links to things completely unrelated to this topic anyway. So I figure I'll post this and get info and/or links that are related to what I'm trying to research. Thanks!

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because I just farted.

"The box said 'Required Windows 95 or better'. So, I installed LINUX."
crosscheck17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2005, 06:41 AM   #2
75SV1

Hopefully you found this site:
http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html
Also, look at his budget hop ups.
Tom
75SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2005, 05:59 PM   #3
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here is an additional one.

This includes parts list, and other really nice details as well.

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.