Loud chattering noise after 318 rebuild - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Loud chattering noise after 318 rebuild

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #16
ZJJeepfan75
1995 ZJ 

Alright I only could let it go for about 15 seconds, it just sounds too horrible to let run that long. As it is I revved it up and it sounded even worse.

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

ZJJeepfan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #17
ZJJeepfan75
1995 ZJ 

It seems as though my first post of the you tube link is missing...maybe this time it will work.

http://youtu.be/H7MhpIIpwcE
Unread 08-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #18
ZJJeepfan75
1995 ZJ 

***UPDATE***

I'm pretty confident now after listening to the engine with the valve cover off up front that it is not valvetrain chatter. I listened underneath as well as by the transmission and I'm beginning to believe it is either lower end noise or transmission noise. I uploaded another video which takes samples from the different parts of the jeep. Does anyone have any suggestions?

YouTube (Short URL)

Tags
engine rebuild

jeep parts

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.