Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Looking to swap a NV4500 for a TH350

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  wj4play 
#1 ·
So I have a Chevy 350 running a NV4500 with a Dana 300 TC. I am thinking about swapping it out for a TH350.

Here the thing, I want to get some feed back from all you guys out there on the Pro's and Cons regarding the swap. I also would love to find someone that is wanting to the reverse swap and maybe work out something out. First of all i am located in So Cal so anyone near here would be much easier to work with.

What is have now:
NV4500 5 speed trans
Advance adapters bell housing and adapter plate for a Chevy 350
New clutch with less than 2k miles on it.

Basically everything you need to bolt it up to your 350

#2 ·
dnye00 said:
So I have a Chevy 350 running a NV4500 with a Dana 300 TC. I am thinking about swapping it out for a TH350.

Here the thing, I want to get some feed back from all you guys out there on the Pro's and Cons regarding the swap. I also would love to find someone that is wanting to the reverse swap and maybe work out something out. First of all i am located in So Cal so anyone near here would be much easier to work with.

What is have now:
NV4500 5 speed trans
Advance adapters bell housing and adapter plate for a Chevy 350
New clutch with less than 2k miles on it.

Basically everything you need to bolt it up to your 350
I am thinking of the reverse swap myself but I have a th400 either looking to swap my 4l60e or a nv4500 instead of the th400

Thoughts?

Sent from iPhone

#4 ·
wj4play said:
Also it's a 4wd th400 and currently bolted to a 350vortec/th400/np205

Sent from iPhone
I heard the th400 was too long. What year do you have it in? How's my gears does the tranny have?

My reason for the swap is, I am tired of shifting and so I was thinking of going automatic. It is a great tranny and strong. 1st hear is very low and great for climbing. On the street i start out in second.

What is your reason for for the swap?

#5 ·
dnye00 said:
I heard the th400 was too long. What year do you have it in? How's my gears does the tranny have?

My reason for the swap is, I am tired of shifting and so I was thinking of going automatic. It is a great tranny and strong. 1st hear is very low and great for climbing. On the street i start out in second.

What is your reason for for the swap?
Th400 is a 3 speed I have the matching set of axles 44/14 and want to run 5:13's but with a 3speed tranny the highway would suck - I was thinking of following AP with a 5 speed or do the 4l60e since it has OD

Right now I have all the parts but yet have torn into it for the swap. It's been a on/off again dream but until my wife gets a full time job I may not have the spare funds

Sent from iPhone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.