Looking For A Supercharger? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Looking For A Supercharger?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 01-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #1
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looking For A Supercharger?

Hey everyone,

With all of the Super/Turbocharger threads around lately, I went onto eBay to see what I could find. Before I start, I am not planing on buying this!! I'm simply throwing this info. out there to you.

It's an incomplete turbocharging kit for the TJ. Look on the site for what you actually need in addition to this item. It's a belt-driven turbo--no lag like an exhaust gas-driven turbo.

I don't know how much it would cost to put it all together with the other parts you need, but I'm just gonna' throw out a number and see if an informed person with the knowledge of engines would say: I'd say $2300, including this kit. (At the time of this post, the bid was at $900, $1700 BUY IT NOW). Anybody have any thoughts?

CLICK HERE FOR THE "TURBOCHARGER" EBAY WEBPAGE

Will be missed:
1999 "Deep Amethyst" TJ +3" on 33's
C2U5H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
thebulkinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinTJ99
Hey everyone,

With all of the Super/Turbocharger threads around lately, I went onto eBay to see what I could find. Before I start, I am not planing on buying this!! I'm simply throwing this info. out there to you.

It's an incomplete turbocharging kit for the TJ. Look on the site for what you actually need in addition to this item. It's a belt-driven turbo--no lag like an exhaust gas-driven turbo.

I don't know how much it would cost to put it all together with the other parts you need, but I'm just gonna' throw out a number and see if an informed person with the knowledge of engines would say: I'd say $2300, including this kit. (At the time of this post, the bid was at $900, $1700 BUY IT NOW). Anybody have any thoughts?

CLICK HERE FOR THE "TURBOCHARGER" EBAY WEBPAGE
My thoughts: If I had $1000, Id do it in a sec. I would love more HP at the rear wheels. Its a pretty good option.
thebulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2005, 05:52 AM   #3
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I don't thnk it's a deal. The guy likely wants at least $1500 res for it, then you have 1/2 of a project that was designed as a package, and that you are unfamiliar with. This is not like getting a cheap axle assembly and then fabing it into your truck. In my opinion, if you want an SC, look for a good price on full kit.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.