Looking for a part for sale - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Looking for a part for sale

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
flboy0638
1974 J-Series Truck 

Looking for a part for sale

I am hooking back up my QT emergency drive and I am looking for a part.

1. Does anyone have a "grommit" for sale that sits at the firewall of the truck where all the hoses intersect?

Also, can someone attach a picture or explain where I should get my vacuum source from? I know I can pull from most anywhere but where is the desired spot that a I6 gets its vacuum source from the engine? Please attach a pic if you can.

1974 I6 J10 TH400

flboy0638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
flboy0638
1974 J-Series Truck 

see grommet in pic

http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac/q..._diagram_l.jpg
Unread 09-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
flboy0638
1974 J-Series Truck 

ghost town
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Don't know what a QT drive is but what you need is manifold vacum.
Any place after the throttle butterfly will work. I know that my MC2150 has a port at the base that is open to the manifold, and MY '90 intake has a port on it also. I run my axle disco from manifold through a check valve and in line with a storage tank. The tank looks like a black plastic ball with a vacum line going to it. That way even if I lose engine vacum for whatever reason I still have a reserve.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.