Looking for Dana 60 front and rear - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Looking for Dana 60 front and rear

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Closed Thread
Unread 11-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #31
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason m View Post
Prove it, or its de-bunked plain and simple. And how do you know that I didn't do this type of work,

How do i know, because you haven't spent YEARS ordering parts and finding hey this pt # isn't what the cat said, or it's the same as the other. The pt listed for a 70 is for a 60, the slip that isn't spec'd right or the axle not spec'd right...

If you spent 11 years just tearing into axles then you have come across things that aren't in the cats, i have and still do, even just last week with a jeep, it's bom didn't come up, not in the cats, not on expert, so we went with another of the same year, that happens quite often.
Again how do i prove a 1 ton dodge has it when its not in the cats to begin with, or at dana expert, it's just another of the many mistakes..
Dana is a large company, plants all over the world and each does a specific job, but you have WAY to much faith in those cats, but next one i get i'll send you pictures and then you find that axle in a book and you'll see that all you get is some nonsense of a simple description light axle, discontinued, dana has no listing for many many trucks not in the cats, so then it wasn't made is what you're saying, but it's there.

You're basing this on printed cats that are known by everyone in the industry to have multiple mistakes, some on purpose to keep outside competitors from copying and some are honest mistakes.

Sorry but i can not believe you tore into thousands of axles and not one has had a bom issue and didn't come up anywhere.
It happens all the time and the way around that with a part not listed in a cat by bom is by measuring it and then when do, do this as long as you claim you find that the measurements are sometimes off, and they have a reason for that.
I find many things by having to measure it because its not in the cat by pt # it should be.

I'll be happy to pass those along as i get them from now on so you can see for yourself.

How else i know, because people in the industry know the cats are screwy, except you. . .

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #32
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Was at a jeep event last month. Saw a $200,000 cj destroy a 14 bolt. To the point where it damaged the frame on the jeep. He was on 35's in mud. Same event saw a Dana 70 fail but it didn't fragment and go everywhere.
A wise man in here told me that every axle can be broken by dumb driving. So with that thought in mind it would seem that your axle selection should be based on your budget, way you personally wheel and, availability of parts.
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #33
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I think I've read enough BS for 1 thread.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.