Long turn over time - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Long turn over time

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-22-2002, 04:49 PM   #1
JeffK

Long turn over time

Looking for some help. I have a 96 Jeep Grand. When starting it some time I have it takes an extended time to turn over like an extra 5 seconds or so. Some times it will start up fine. The car sort of like is hesitating when tring to start. Anybody have any clue
thanks!!!

JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2002, 09:14 PM   #2
Intrepidjeep

I had a problem late last year on my '97 GC 4.0L. The engine would turn over fine but the engine still wouldn't start. I had it towed to the dealer since I thought it was something more serious. I never would have imagined it was just the battery but that was the cure. Kinda dumb in retrospect having it towed and paying ultimately for a battery change (though the tow was under warranty) but I just didn't imagine it was just the battery. At least I didn't pay the $80 dealer price for their battery -- ran to another store and got a nice one for $40 and the dealer popped it in for me.
2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
Intrepidjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2002, 09:40 PM   #3
JeffK

Thanks for the info I did not even think it would be the battery. I have a battery load tester so I will give it a try in the AM, but I do not think that is the problem. The battery is only 6 months old. It is a nice heavy duty DIe hard. But thanks for the info
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.