Lifted Yj emergency brake lines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Lifted Yj emergency brake lines

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 10-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
CamoCreeper

Lifted Yj emergency brake lines

Well I have searched and searched and have not seen a good write up or clear answer to my question so I figured I would ask it here and see if anyone can help. I have a lifted Yj. I have the SOA, 1 1/2 inch re spring and a 2 inch body lift with 37" tires. I am in obvious trouble when trying to get ebrake cables to reach and need extended brake lines. From what I have read xjs and tjs use passenger side yj ebrake cables when they run into this but what vehicle can we scavenge from when we hit his snag? Some people have said to cut and weld other cables together to make one but I don't have a welder. Is there another vehicle out here that can be bolted in same ends just longer?

CamoCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
90DesertTanYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Go ahead and fill out your profile or mention what year/model you have in your post. I know the CJ/YJ Ebrake cables are pretty specific where they attach to the brake shoe. You may be able to lengthen the ones you have with cable clamps but any DIY fix would be iffy at best. I would think one of the vendors may be able to help with longer cables. You might try calling one or a lift manufacturer to see what they recommend.

Hopefully someone will chime in with what you need. Good luck!
90DesertTanYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
CamoCreeper

It's a 93 yj 4.0 manual tried updating my profile but couldn't. Maybe it's a glitch with he iPad app im using?

image-4238373861.jpg
CamoCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.