kinked tranny line - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > kinked tranny line

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 07-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
VallosJeep1
1993 XJ Cherokee 

kinked tranny line

I have a 93 jeep cherokee country i had the radiator replaced not too long ago but the guy i took it to kinked the tranny line that connects straight to the radiator itself thankfully my regular mechanic spotted it but was told I needed to replace it NOW before something major happens to the tranny but I honestly have no idea what kind of fitting it has. I do however have a picture of the fitting itself if it is of any help to anyone who knows what kind it is. Please help :

http://s180.photobucket.com/user/tea...afbfc.jpg.html

VallosJeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
DaemonForce

Oh I know what those are. Go to a welding supply shop. Only they seem to have them.
DaemonForce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Holder350
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Cut and remove the fitting...then take it to a good auto parts shop for a replacement adapted to a hose barb fitting and reinstall with a short piece of rubber hose between your new fitting and the old hard line

Sent from my phone

98' XJ Classic - D30/C8.25 - 4.5" RC Lift - 33x12.50R15 - 4.0 HO - AW4 - NP231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
You can tell the character of a person in how they treat someone who can do nothing for them.
Holder350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
VallosJeep1
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonForce View Post
Oh I know what those are. Go to a welding supply shop. Only they seem to have them.
Hopefully they will have the one I am looking for
VallosJeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.