Keeps shutting off. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Keeps shutting off.

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #16
Snowrats
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I found out today that the jeep fuel pumps to not regulate the fuel at a consistent pressure. It is recommended to install a holley 12-804 fuel pressure regulator set at 3.5 psi if you have a weber carburetor on the jeep. So I will be picking on up in the next week or so.

Snowrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #17
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowrats View Post
I found out today that the jeep fuel pumps to not regulate the fuel at a consistent pressure. It is recommended to install a holley 12-804 fuel pressure regulator set at 3.5 psi if you have a weber carburetor on the jeep. So I will be picking on up in the next week or so.
Sounds like a plan
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #18
Snowrats
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so the fuel pump did help out for a little while. Took it on a hill climb after 3 days of it not shutting off. Things got a little steep and gas started pouring out my gas cap. I then bought a new gas cap and again it stopped running. Took the regulator off and it has been running great ever since.
Snowrats is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.