Jet Performance Chips - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Jet Performance Chips

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 03-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #1
Jeepincj2a46

Jet Performance Chips

I was thinking about buyin a Jet Performance Module to increase horse-power and was wondering if anyone else had bought this part and could tell me if it really worked, thanx

dave

Jeepincj2a46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 05:20 AM   #2
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I bought one for my 91 YJ and it was a big waste of money. I didn't really notice any performance increase and it the manual suggest using 91 octane fuel. I also had a problem where moisture got inside it, even though I wrapped the connection with the tar tape they give you, causing my Jeep to run like c--p until I removed it.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 02:02 PM   #3
Tshark299
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I think the reason they suggest premium gas is because the chip advances the timing farther than the stock computer program to make more power. Without 91 octane the advanced timing would cause pinging in the engine, which the knock sensor would detect and force the computer to retard the timing again, basically negating the chip's advance. That's my theory at least.

My dad got a Jet chip for his Explorer and I noticed a little difference when accelerating. He doesn't always run premium though, but when he does I seem to feel a little more of a difference.

'95 XJ - Donated drive train to the YJ, Parted out the rest

'51 CJ-3A - Buick 225 V6: Painless Wiring Harness, Warn Overdrive & Hubs, 2" Lift, 31" Muds
Tshark299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #4
Ol'Blue Jeep

get the jet stage 2 chip, but you need a new exhaust and a new thermostat to run it, those 3 things combined should give you a very nice boost in power
MT Baja Claw Radials 33x12.50
Bestop Sailcloth Replace-a-top
Rhinolined
Cobra CB Radio W/ 100 Watt PA System
Alpine CD Player
Tuffy Dual Compartment Overhead Console[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=Orange]STUDENT JEEP CLUB MEMBER #11[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]BLUE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #127[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Confucius say:
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk.
If you want to be happy for a month, get married.
If you want to be happy for life, get a Jeep.[/SIZE]
Ol'Blue Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.