Jet Chip Stage II - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Jet Chip Stage II

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 07-19-2002, 06:52 PM   #1
cyan1de

Jet Chip Stage II

Has anybody made this modification to their jeep. truckperformance.com claims gains of 10-15HP/20 ft lbs Torque, I have to say that I have no way to test against this, but I cant even tell that the stupid thing is even present in my jeep. Im thinking about selling it on ebay, I was just wondering if somebody out there made this mod and thinks its imroved thier jeeps performance.

cyan1de is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2002, 01:35 PM   #2
KnightFire
2002 TJ Wrangler 

These numbers are usually at the Fly Wheel numbers...and you can pretty much take 1/2 of those numbers and thats what your truley seeing/feeling at the wheels. 5-7RWHP and 8-11lb/ft of torque.

There is no way that you would normally feel a 5HP improvement. Now where different tuning comes into play is if you improve the intake/exhaust (breathing) of the motor, then you can use the more aggressive fuel curves to your advantage.

Say if you had a header/larger TB/catback system/CAI...and installed this tuning...you would probably notice a small improvement in overall performance...

KnightFire
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Titanium Metallic 4.7L 4x4
KnightFire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2002, 07:27 PM   #3
evilpsych

personally i would do as many mods to the engine as possible before i bought a chip, and then called up JET or Hypertech or whoever and tell them the mods that you've made so they can custom program a chip for your rig.

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2002, 11:21 PM   #4
cyan1de

do they actually do that? that would be pretty sweet if they did.
cyan1de is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2002, 09:02 PM   #5
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I think you can send it back and have them reprogram it to work with the mods you have.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.