jerky at idle/low speeds - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > jerky at idle/low speeds

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 12-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
copper10

jerky at idle/low speeds

Hello, Ive owned my 79 j10 for four years now. I bought it in running condition off a farmer out here in Montana. He claims it was used as a farm/cattle truck, which i believe due to the fact that ive done more drive train work than motor work. Ive replaced engine mounts and rear differential bearing, seal and pinion. This repair got rid of alot of noise! And some of the jerkyness. But I'm still getting a rocking sensation at idle speeds / accel or decel at lower speeds. Also i have not replaced the transmission mount, i haven't found a matching one yet. My j10 is a 360v8 4wheel drive (no quadra chain) Any suggestions? Thank you kindly.

copper10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.