"Jerking" when accelerating - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > "Jerking" when accelerating

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availabFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
codynumber7
1999 TJ Wrangler 

"Jerking" when accelerating

My '99 Wrangler Sahara 4.0L manual trans. Has been "jerking" (bucking?) when I accelerate. (I don't know what else to call it) Anyways, I ran seafoam through it and put some techron in the tank in case it was the injectors, but that didn't help, so I replaced the crankshaft position sensor yesterday and reset the compute. That worked for about 5 minutes and now it's back to it's old ways. The problem is less noticeable, but I think that's because I cleared all the water out of the system that got in there when I was off roading the other day. Any ideas what this might be or how to fix it?

codynumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.