Jeep wanders a lot when in 4wd at speed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Jeep wanders a lot when in 4wd at speed

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
aciani7
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep wanders a lot when in 4wd at speed

Hey I was wondering if any of you guys might know why I am having this problem... I was on the highway the other day and it started to snow so I put my 2000 TJ (4" lift if it makes a difference) in 4wd. As soon as I put it back in gear it started to pull way to the right, so to correct it i just steered left. When I went to change gears, as soon as the front drive shaft wasnt being powered it shot way to the left because I had the wheel turned that way. This problem only seems to occur at higher speeds like 40+. I also just got an alignment about a week before that had happened and it runs good and straight in 2wd. Let me know if you guys have any ideas what this might be.

aciani7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
mukluk
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Most likely your front and rear axles aren't in line with each other, due to the misalignment your Jeep will pull to one side when power is applied and go the opposite direction when you pull the power off.
mukluk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4wd , alignment , wander

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.