Jeep wanders a lot when in 4wd at speed - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 12-26-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
aciani7
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep wanders a lot when in 4wd at speed

Hey I was wondering if any of you guys might know why I am having this problem... I was on the highway the other day and it started to snow so I put my 2000 TJ (4" lift if it makes a difference) in 4wd. As soon as I put it back in gear it started to pull way to the right, so to correct it i just steered left. When I went to change gears, as soon as the front drive shaft wasnt being powered it shot way to the left because I had the wheel turned that way. This problem only seems to occur at higher speeds like 40+. I also just got an alignment about a week before that had happened and it runs good and straight in 2wd. Let me know if you guys have any ideas what this might be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-26-2010, 05:37 PM
mukluk
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Most likely your front and rear axles aren't in line with each other, due to the misalignment your Jeep will pull to one side when power is applied and go the opposite direction when you pull the power off.

Tags
4wd , alignment , wander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.