Jeep shutoff, wont start now. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Jeep shutoff, wont start now.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
JeepinLD
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep shutoff, wont start now.

So i just pulled out of my neighborhood and my jeep shutoff like it was out of gas, So i just went and got gas and put 6 gallons in but it did not start.
I pushed in that tire vavle looking thing on the fuel injection area to check and no fuel squirted out

Next i put my ear up against the gas fill whole and cranked the jeep and it sounded like the fuel pump is still working.

My fuel guage was on the last 8th on the tank so i thought i has plenty of fuel
Its a 98 Cherokee 4.0 in a 93 YJ

Help? any suggestion? thanks

JeepinLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
pshivers
2008 KK Liberty 

Check your crank sensor. This seems to be common with the 4.0L engines.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/s...iving-1419886/
pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
imfromtexas
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My jeep had a problem where it had collected so much dirt and contaminants in the fuel filter that was on the sending unit/fuel pump that even tho the pump was still functioning, it wasn't able to pull enough gas through the filter, so it would act like it was going to turn over, but would never start the engine completely
imfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.