jeep hesitation during acceleration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > jeep hesitation during acceleration

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
youpat2
1998 WJ 

jeep hesitation during acceleration

the vehicle is a 98 jeep grand cherokee laredo 6cyl 4.o.
ive have replaced pcm(2months old), tps,crankshaft sensor spark plug wires distubutor cap and coil. most parts were replace to try and correct a stalling issue which was fixed by the new pcm. fuel pressure was checked 2months ago by dealership and mechanic shop. current cel is p0318 (downstream o2 sensor) any ideals to what could cause the hesitation?

youpat2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Start with fixing the downstream O2 sensor. Since it feeds info on the burn to the computer which then uses the two O2 sensor readings to adjust your mixture that would go a long way to getting mixture correct and should help the acceleration problem.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
youpat2
1998 WJ 

i took it to a mechanic and he said it feels like the torque converter. but wouldn't a bad tc throw a cel .
youpat2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by youpat2 View Post
ive have replaced pcm(2months old), tps,crankshaft sensor spark plug wires distubutor cap and coil. moist parts were replace to try and correct a stalling issue which was fixed by the new pcm. fuel pressure was checked 2months ago by dealership and mechanic shop. current cel is p0318 (downstream o2 sensor) any ideals to what could cause the hesitation?
I have the same model jeep mine would hesitate sometimes and other times my transmission would kick and lose drive,and i mean kick hard.one night it died i had a complete system failure including the pcm i tried everything from tracing wires to testing the computer it kept blowing the fuse to the pcm. After three days i got a clue to what the problem was. my 02
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by youpat2 View Post
ive have replaced pcm(2months old), tps,crankshaft sensor spark plug wires distubutor cap and coil. most parts were replace to try and correct a stalling issue which was fixed by the new pcm. fuel pressure was checked 2months ago by dealership and mechanic shop. current cel is p0318 (downstream o2 sensor) any ideals to what could cause the hesitation?
My o2 sensor wire was pulled down alittle bit by a branch from a down tree it had been rubbed down to wires,and had been arching on the drive shaft causing a shortage to the pcm that caused all my malfunctions until it was worn down and rapped around the drive shaft and thats when it died.I found the problem then i taped the wires up good and made sure it was secured behind the heat shield havnt had a problem with it sense
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
hesitation , stalling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.