Jeep fuel pressure regulator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Jeep fuel pressure regulator

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-28-2003, 09:19 PM   #1
bigThart

Jeep fuel pressure regulator

I have a 91 yj wrangler and I was told I could benefit from an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Does anyone know if this is true and if so where do you find them?

bigThart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2003, 10:52 PM   #2
CSP

Your '91 is fuel injected and you don't want to mess with the fuel pressure. There is already a regulator which is set to keep the injector pressure at a predetermined level. Adjustable regulators can help vehicles with carburetors to keep from flooding on steep climbs. It will do nothing but cause problems if you mess with it on your Jeep.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 08:19 AM   #3
bigThart

Thank you, I will have to keep on guessing why my jeep tops out at 80mph in fifth gear. I did a full tune up and put headers and exhaust but still dont get the highway speeds. I thought the fuel pressure was the next thing to tinker with but as you pointed out the regulator won't help. I you have any ideas please let me know. Thanks!
Unread 01-29-2003, 10:10 AM   #4
RenegadeYJ17

80 mph? What are you complaining about!?!
That's doing pretty good for something with the aerodynamics of a brick on wheels. Especially in 5th gear.
I could do that without much of a problem before I put my 31" tires on, but now I need level ground and a favorable wind to keep up that sort of speed in 5th.

Really, what do you want to do over 80mph for???
More to come...
RenegadeYJ17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 10:22 PM   #5
bigThart

These fuel injected 4.0L will easily cruise at 85-90mph in 5th gear. My good friend has the same year jeep and when we take long trips it will easily cruise at 85 even on uphill grades, So this brick may not be aerodynamic but decent fuel mileage and good cruising speeds are attainable.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.