Jasper Engines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Jasper Engines

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 10-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
Greentrails
1999 WJ 

Jasper Engines

Ordered a new 4.0 IL Jasper Engine, should be delivered in a few days. Can anyone give me feed back on their experiences with them? Have a 99 WJ Grand Cherokee and I'm 99% sure a piston skirt is the problem. I love my Jeep, even though it has 180K, I couldn't seem to get rid of her.

Greentrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
fritzj2007

Have had very good luck with Jasper heavy duty truck engines.Just follow their guidelines on initial startup.
fritzj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 05:14 AM   #3
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You have already ordered an engine and I assume you've paided for it. Now you ask questions about the company you've already given your money too. A little backwards, isn't it?
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

You can't beat the quality or the warranty.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
hatfield44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I know several people with Jasper motors in their DD, and they have been nothing but good.
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Had one in a Bronco. Outlasted the body. And I wasn't nice to it.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
Greentrails
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
You have already ordered an engine and I assume you've paided for it. Now you ask questions about the company you've already given your money too. A little backwards, isn't it?
Thanks for your thoughts and opinions, even the smart-*** comment is appreciated.
Unread 10-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentrails View Post
Thanks for your thoughts and opinions, even the smart-*** comment is appreciated.
He does have a point though.

Living in Indiana (the HQ is here), there's a lot of dirt track racers that use their engines with very good results. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
Greentrails
1999 WJ 

Yes he does make a point and I applaud him for correcting my grammar. Regardless, feedback about Jasper engines was helpful and appreciated. Over and out!
Unread 10-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #10
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I don't remember commenting on your grammer or making any corrections.

My point about asking about a product after it's been ordered and paid for comes from reading numerous threads that start out with "I just ordered _______. Does anybody know if it is any good?" Maybe it will encourage others to ask the question before clicking on the "Add to cart" button.

For the record I did buy a Jasper engine back around '81. It was a 235 cid Chevy engine for a '50 1/2 ton truck. It ran well until the cam and lifters decided to eat each other in '97. I've got no idea how many miles it ran for me because the truck never had a functioning odometer, but it was very well used.
Unread 10-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #11
jeeprubi2005
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i put one in my 05 rubicon when the opda went south and locked the orignial engine im still driving here had no problems at all love the warnt too
jeeprubi2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #12
Greentrails
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
I don't remember commenting on your grammer or making any corrections.

My point about asking about a product after it's been ordered and paid for comes from reading numerous threads that start out with "I just ordered _______. Does anybody know if it is any good?" Maybe it will encourage others to ask the question before clicking on the "Add to cart" button.

For the record I did buy a Jasper engine back around '81. It was a 235 cid Chevy engine for a '50 1/2 ton truck. It ran well until the cam and lifters decided to eat each other in '97. I've got no idea how many miles it ran for me because the truck never had a functioning odometer, but it was very well used.
Ok, I understand from your view point about other threads and you're right! I myself have seen threads that are like that. Before I purchased the engine, I did research the pros and cons of Jasper from this site and others and made the decision that purchasing one was the right thing for me. Let's be realistic, when its all said and done, I'll have shelled out a few grand in a product that I've never used before, but have relied on my own research, intuition and thankfully, helpful comments from people like you and others. So naturally, there is still a little apprehension after I've clicked the "Add to cart" button. And until I get the engine in my Jeep and put a few thousand miles on it, I'll still have that mindset and hopefully not buyers remorse.

Wow! Looks like you got your money's worth out of your engine for your 1/2 ton truck, happy to know that! With 180K on my 99 GC and Jaspers 3 year, 100,000 mile warranty, I'll hopefully enjoy my Jeep for many years to come.
Unread 10-27-2011, 06:09 AM   #13
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Second guessing yourself after hitting the "Buy" button can be a killer. Just keep in mind the joy you'll have once your new engine is sitting in the frame and you fire it up the first time.
Unread 10-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #14
kittyhawk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I put one of there rebuilt rear ends in my SuperDuty about 5 years ago. Looked New.when we got it in. Same price as a junk yard yank but with the best warranty I could find. I would not heasate to but a moter or tranny/transfer from them.

Dave
kittyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.