iron duke - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > iron duke

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 07-23-2002, 12:58 PM   #1
LGJEEPGUY

iron duke

hi guys, i got a 151cu, 2.5l 4-banger chevy motor in my 81cj5. i put in a cam and headers at 180,000 miles. at that time when pulling the valve covers i found crud you wouldn't believe! i wondered how in hell it kept running. my friend said thats why the motor is called the "iron duke". the heck with it, after cleaning it up(didn't do a head job yet....call me nuts) i went ahead and installed the cam anyway. it's now at 205,000 miles, still going, a tad more hp than before( a 4banger is still a 4banger )the cam and headers. that was the history....the problem is that everytime i brake, the idle drops below normal and engine dies. it didn't happen before my friend rebuilt the carb..... i found he did away with most of the vaccum lines. i had to install a manual pull type idle cable and kept it idling at 1100-1200rpm to keep it from dying.
question...does anyone know where there is a diagram/picture of vaccum lines for this motor so i can replace them? i've been thinking of a holley carb replacement as well, would the Clifford small block people be the best bet? i seen a univeral holley 300 carb/offenhouser intake in an old PAW catalog but it's not listed in the new catalog. well, just thought i'll share my problem and hope someone can stir up some ideas...thanks guys!

lgjeepguy
77cj5, 81cj5

LGJEEPGUY is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.