Input needed on engine choice. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Input needed on engine choice.

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinAlloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
topherbarrow

Input needed on engine choice.

I have an 81 CJ7 with a 258 in it. I have restored mostly everything except the engine (wiring, interior, exterior, etc). I have put the engine off long enough too.

My issue is that the engine has been losing oil and will also lose prime if left alone for more than a few hours. Meaning I have to use starting fluid in the carb to get it going again. Big hassle!!!

I was thinking of just getting a good rebuild done on the 258, but have also thought about upgrading...My decision will be based on price, power, and easiness.

If you have any insight on the options please let me know.

Thanks everyone!!

Topher

topherbarrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.2 liter , cj7 , engine swap , rebuild

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.