Inline 6 throttle body questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Inline 6 throttle body questions

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 03-22-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
mud-dog27

Inline 6 throttle body questions

ok sorry for this question but a few days ago i saw a post on here about a guy who had an idle of like 300 he cleaned something that brought the idle back up to 80ish how it should be.......now heres the question what do you clean he mentioned it had like carbon built up or something

and now my next question around the same time might have been same thread i saw something that mentioned the tension on a wire that runs to the tranny to tell it how to respond or something and i noticed today that mine is somewhat loose and i need to know how to add some tension to it....i belive it involve pushing some button thing or something but i didnt wanna start messin round....

anyone with any info on this thanks it would be much appreciated...and sorry bout this but you all know how it is with out the search funcion

oh yea its a 1989 I-6 (pre-HO)

89 wagoneer LTD. , 32x11.5R15 wild country RVT, 15x8 AR baja rims , surco safari roofrack w/spare tire kit , cobra 19 DXIII w/ high gear mic. 4' whip on a 3" heavy-duty spring , 4.5" rough country full leaf pack lift kit
My Jeep's Page
mud-dog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #2
Bullit Bob

It's pretty extensive but a Haynes book outlines the procedure your talking about; step by step. Good luck.
Bullit Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
tripz

For the carbom buildup, try a product call SeaFoam. You pour it into the throttle body, crankcase, and your gas tank. Most effective way is through your TB.
tripz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.