injectors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > injectors

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 04-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
MoparXJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

injectors

I'm having the power issue work my 93 XJ, if an injector is out wouldn't the engine run very rough or is there different levels of messed up.

MoparXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
sctmcly0

It if the injector is bad you will def. have a misfire and it should me pretty noticeable
sctmcly0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparXJ View Post
I'm having the power issue work my 93 XJ, if an injector is out wouldn't the engine run very rough or is there different levels of messed up.
Loss of power as when you hit the skinny pedal it is real sluggish? Remove the air filter element and see if that makes it better. If not then when was the last time the inline fuel filter was changed? If either of these are clogged they will kill performance.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
MoparXJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

The fuel filter is new, I haven't ran it straight off without the filter yet. The main concern is the sputter at low rpms
MoparXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

If you can eliminate the fuel and air filter as the cause then the next thing I would do is check the Throttle Position Sensor in the Throttle Body. Some times the shaft that the TPS is connected to gets worn out. I would also remove and clean the Idle Air Control sensor in the TB. The IAC can get real dirty along with the bore it sits in. Remove it and clean it with some type of liquid like carb cleaner and fine steel wool. Make sure you clean the bore in the TB also.

I like to check all the stuff that costs nothing to check first...

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.