Ignition - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Ignition

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-26-2003, 10:32 AM   #1
wyrdvans

Ignition

I just had my 95 XJ inspected today and the dealer told me that the spark plugs, wires, and distributor should be replaced in the near future. I'm looking to replace the above so any suggestions are welcome. I saw a wire and cap kit by Firepower at quadratec. Any comments on that?

TIA
Jason

My Jeep's Web Page
wyrdvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2003, 01:00 PM   #2
LoOpY

my 2 cents:

save your money and get OEM style ignition components. the "good" stuff only makes a difference at higher RPMs. So if you commonly turn 5 grand down the road, then go for it. otherwise, a coil is a coil is a coil etc
LoOpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2003, 04:58 AM   #3
BamaJeeper

An AutoZone coil is a piece of *****! BTDT.
Unread 08-28-2003, 05:47 PM   #4
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I personally went the Accel route. I bought the whole tune up kit from them and a high energy coil from them as well.

If you go on 4wd.com and ask for a catalog, they should send you a coupon for your first purchase. They also sometimes run free shipping deals.

I got the coil from summitracing.com . The whole system cost me around $110 to my door, but my XJ purs like a kitten now.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.