I have a problem I need help with asap.!!@@!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > I have a problem I need help with asap.!!@@!!

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 06-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
nickcospo

I have a problem I need help with asap.!!@@!!

I have a 2000 jeep Cherokee 4x4 round 189, 000 miles... when I drive it it has a light humming noise. When I get up to 70 mph and + it has this bad noise and shake that cuts in and out like when the ac compressor cuts in and out. Some times its short sometimes t last long . It sounds and feels like when u drive off edge of the road in the interstate and hit them bumps to wake u up? !! Does anyone have any idea what this could be. I have to fix this asap. I drive this to work everyday and 2 people ride with me. Please help.

nickcospo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

Start checking things like front and rear shafts, look for rust coming from the joint caps, looseness or overly tight conditions, check the front shaft at the t-case and see if the centering flange yoke is dry or has any looseness or non free moving cycle, any squeaks.
Other than that from what you described it's about where i would start looking otherwise anything else is all a guess

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
nickcospo

Bump
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
nickcospo

Change the wheel bearings, nothing changed! When you put it in gear front axel does move a little bit. I noticed moving it back and forth there was a tad bit slack in the control arms. Due to wore out bushings. Could this possible be the problem and if so could you just buy bushings? Coild this be the cause of my issue with the shaking when I get up to 70? Could you replace the seal or bearing in the front axel where the drive shaft goes in?
Unread 07-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

If the bushings are bad I'd start there, yes the seal can be changed, you just need to becareful doing that seal. I would see about buying the entire arm/link rather than replace the bushings alone

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.