Let's say you almost ran out of gas, but managed to pull up to the pump just in time. When you pull up, someone immediately tells you that there is smoke coming out of your Jeep. Your temperature light is normal, you pop the hood, no smoke, but it sure smells hot. Let's also say, that perhaps, the day before, when you were working on your winch wires and disconnected the battery to and winch cables from the battery, you missed a ground cable to the battery . Let's say that you then let the Jeep cool and finished your drive home. there were no engine problems, lights, warning, or noticeable smell, but when you arrived home it was hot again.
If this "hypothetical" situation happened to your friend, what do you think you might tell him (apart from the fact that' s/he is an idiot for leaving the cable disconnected and almost running out of gas.) Do you think the heat is from the loose ground cable or related to nearly running out of the gas? Is there any test the idiot can do before shelling out the dough to take the JK to the dealer?
2011 Sahara JKU - my first Jeep!