Hydrolock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Hydrolock

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #1
hub0619
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hydrolock

I just hydro locked my engine in my 2010 automatic wrangler. I don't even know what to do now I'm so boned it was my daily driver Any suggestions? Ideas? What do I look out for what needs to be replaced? Cheapest options? Any help is appreciated

hub0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 04:35 AM   #2
mc21osh
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Remove the spark plugs. Blow it out really well. Crank the engine. Let it dry. Should work ok. Happened to my friends grand am.
mc21osh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Pull the spark plugs, crank the engine, change any fluid that has water in it. You likely have water in the engine oil. I'd also check the transmission fluid. If it spent much time sitting in water, check the differential fluid. You probably need to change the air filter. Hydro locking an engine can bend/break connecting rods and valves. A bent valve stem can cause the piston to hit the valve breaking the valve and/or piston top. When you start the engine listen for expensive noises.

Good luck.
Unread 04-20-2014, 12:51 AM   #4
1997xj5speed1

Any update?

1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 4x4 AX-15 110,000 miles
1997xj5speed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #5
hub0619
2010 JK Wrangler 

I almost forgot about this thread lol anyway I have a new engine now. The water wasn't that deep but I was just driving way to fast through it because I was being dumb and wreckless and the pistons were bent and the engine was just useless. Learned my lesson lol bought an engine from jasper and when I got it it sounded terrible so I took it to get looked at and turns out a piston inside the new engine jasper sent me was bent :/ lol so they paid for my jeep to be towed and sent me another new engine free of charge for their mistake. Back on the trails now but riding much smarter lol
hub0619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.