Hp help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Hp help

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-01-2002, 12:37 AM   #1
fgags

Hp help

I'm new to tweaking juice out of my vehicle. I just bought a 01 tj and would like to get as much performance out of it as I can without major mods. I just bought a throttle body spacer and will be looking into the k&n fipk and possibly borla headers & catback system. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

03 Inca Gold Rubicon
fgags is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2002, 12:01 PM   #2
Mwrangler29

I just installed the Borla Headers and I love them. I got much better response on the pedle as well as a better sound. What's a throttle body spacer? Did it do you any good?
Chris
Soft top
Top 5 sports rack
Bestop Seat covers
31x10.50 Dunlop Mudders
Mwrangler29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2002, 12:38 PM   #3
evilpsych

uhh.. hrmm.. throttle body spacer for a non throttle body engine..
are you sure you dont smoke little white rocks?

last time i checked anything later than about 91 had FUEL INJECTION and thus did away with the throttle body..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2002, 12:39 PM   #4
evilpsych

oh if you got the $$$$$$$$$.. the avenger supercharger is available for TJ's

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
Unread 03-05-2002, 01:39 PM   #5
NC74CJ

evilpsych - sure they have throttle bodies on the TJ's. thats why your gas pedal works i personally wouldnt buy one until someone handed me a dyno sheet showing hard evidence, but thats only my opinion

on performance - since you have modified your intake and exhaust, how about your ignition? while you arent going to see any drastic performance gains, hotter spark to you plugs allows better combustion (a big part of getting this to work is your plug gaps so check into this if you go that route).

as far as the supercharger goes, i would see that as a waste of money. for that price you could easily build a naturally aspirated small block chevy to produce more horsepower. not that the 4 liter is a bad motor, it is an excellent motor with a broad flat torque curve. it just seems like some time put into headwork, quality pistons,a cam, and maybe a stoker crank could blow that supercharged motor away. Not to mention even the best supercharger suffers from large amounts of frictional loss. A correctly set up turbo system would be much more efficient, reliable, while producing the same results. Thats just my 2 cents. Good Luck

Bill
Unread 03-05-2002, 11:38 PM   #6
BigDaddESean

I agree with my new best friend Bill there. If youwant that much power, a nicely done small block would make that thing haul major booty, and nice torue for anything u could dish out. And a turbo would give u sweet smooth bursts of acceleration. Don't go too big on the turbo or u may not have too much power when needing to rev real real low.

Sean's Jeep Page
Unread 03-06-2002, 12:25 AM   #7
fgags

I didn't get a chance to put the throttle body spacer on yet. Hopefully this weekend will be nice enough to work on it. I know it won't be a dramatic performance gain but eventually it adds up. Thanks for all the comments.

03 Inca Gold Rubicon
Unread 03-06-2002, 07:56 PM   #8
MdJEEP420

Grow soem NUTZ..and put a "Bear TURBO" on that mutha...
MdJEEP420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2002, 02:18 AM   #9
fgags

And where exactly do I get one of those?? And will it go on the 2001?

03 Inca Gold Rubicon
Unread 03-07-2002, 01:14 PM   #10
hjeepxj

Hey evil spike, you should go back to smoking white ricks....every fuel system has a throttle body except carbs, where in that case the carb is the "throttle bdoy" a bored throttle body will make a bit of a diff on a post 91 (3hp) pre 91's git 8hp! throttle body spacers space out the plenium to make the mixture of fuel/air better some more mods are: highflow cat, catback exhaust, turbo city intake, better wires/plugs, relocate your iat, get an electric fan, ah eader/downpipe and then the almighty blower, turbo, stroker, and nitrous express kit, however you can also port/polish your head, get a new cam, and get roller rockers

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
hjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:42 PM   #11
West

Evil I think you are confusing a throttle body with "throttle body injection" the "TBI" uses injectors in the throttle body. The throttle bodies on the port injection systems mostly just house the butterfly plate(s),and other gizmos to make it rune better,(like the TPS)
West is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:51 PM   #12
evilpsych

yeah.. guess i am.. my bad.. anyway.. ignore the rant on the other topic then..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.