How-To regear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > How-To regear

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 07-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
jeepinjc

How-To regear

Ok so I want to regear my dana 35 and dana 30 I am going to pt new 30 spline shafts in the rear (for now) till i can save the money and go dana 44 in both front and rear. I am only going to be running 32's under my skyjacker 4" lift.

My question is does anyone have any GOOD write-ups on how to regear and rebuild a rear or books that I can learn that is my other reason for doing this to my 35 so I can learn. I have never done this but dont want to let someone else do it, I wont learn that way.

Thanks,
Jason

Blue 93' YJ, 4.0, 5spd, skyjacker 4" lift, crager simulated beadlocks w/33" bfg muds, skyjacker swaybar disco's, dana 30/35 w/ 4:10's, skyjacker t-case drop, and many mods to do yet

Jeep Drivers who dig COUNTRY music member #13
jeepinjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

This is one of the best write-ups I've seen out there:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/articles/te...sta/Gear_Setup
Unread 07-25-2006, 06:50 AM   #3
dave_dj1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

randysring&pinion.com has a great page on installs
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
goAF
1992 YJ Wrangler 

After reading those write ups, I now know that I will not attempt this for many moons. When I am old and rich, and have a shop and lots of time, this will happen.

Keep searching craigslist for a 4.10 or 3.73 axle...
goAF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
RobSheaTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That article is wicked informative but it's so much heavy info. Not sure it would be such a smart idea to just wing it and try to regear myself.
()_)()_)-o-)_)
RobSheaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Don't spend a dime on the D35. Save the bucks for after the swap to better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.