How to put Jeep Cherokee in 4x4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > How to put Jeep Cherokee in 4x4

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
ekam

How to put Jeep Cherokee in 4x4

Hey Guys,

I just bought a Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4 2007. I don't see any options in the car to put the Jeep in to 4x4. It says on the bak that this is a 4x4 Jeep, but I dont see anything for 4x4 inside.

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
los3rguitarist
1995 ZJ 

take pics of the interior
los3rguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
los3rguitarist
1995 ZJ 

and are you sure it's a cherokee, since they stopped making those in 01
Unread 12-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
Contra
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ouch...it may be you got took...

but take a pic of the inside

and look underneath do you see a transfer case?
Unread 12-07-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
ekam

sorry i meant grand cherokee i will take pic and get back
thanks all for quick replies
Unread 12-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
Jameslol
1996 XJ Cherokee 

There should be a handle that you pull back near the shifter if you have the command trac, it could be one of the new automatic 4x4 things, dunno really without pictures, ask over in the grand cherokee section too, might get better answers!
C4x4 Front tow hooks.
Nates 4x4 rear bumper w/receiver and shackles
Iron rock offroad double shear adj trackbar
Jameslol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #7
los3rguitarist
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam View Post
sorry i meant grand cherokee i will take pic and get back
thanks all for quick replies
damn got my hopes up, for a second there i thought they had brought the cherokee back, then i remembered that its 08 xD hopefully you didn't get ripped off
Unread 12-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #8
ctm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

'07 Grand Cherokee had different options for 4wd including full-time electronic 4wd:

http://www.edmunds.com/jeep/grandche...07/review.html

Powertrains and Performance

The Laredo comes standard with a 3.7-liter V6 that produces 210 hp and 235 pound-feet of torque. The Limited is equipped with a new 4.7-liter V8 that is now flex-fuel capable and pumps out 235 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. However, the flex-fuel engine option is not available on cars sold in certain states (California, Connecticut, Maine, New York and Vermont). A 5.7-liter V8 comes optional on the Limited and standard on the Overland, and is good for 330 hp and 375 lb-ft of torque. The engine features the Multi-Displacement System, which deactivates four cylinders when they are not needed and improves fuel economy. The new 3.0-liter common-rail diesel engine is available on the Limited and Overland trim levels, and produces 215 hp and 376 lb-ft of torque. The diesel engine offers up to 30 percent improvement in fuel economy. All four engines are mated to a standard five-speed automatic transmission.

Laredo 4WD models come with a full-time all-wheel-drive system, while Limited 4WDs come with the advanced Quadra-Trac II (optional on the Laredo) system that utilizes a two-speed transfer case. The optional Quadra-Drive II system (standard on the Overland, optional on Limited) combines a full-time two-speed transfer case with front/rear/center electronic limited slip differentials. With the diesel engine, the Grand Cherokee is rated to pull 7,400 pounds.

The Grand Cherokee SRT8 sports a massaged 6.1-liter V8 that pumps out 420 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque. A bored-out version of the regular Hemi, the 6.1-liter benefits from a higher compression ratio, a higher-flow cylinder head and redesigned intake and exhaust systems. A five-speed automatic transmission is standard, along with a full-time all-wheel-drive system for maximum traction and acceleration. The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is capable of 0-60-mph times of less than 5 seconds.
ctm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
ekam

Unread 12-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #10
ekam

Unread 12-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #11
ekam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctm View Post
'07 Grand Cherokee had different options for 4wd including full-time electronic 4wd:

http://www.edmunds.com/jeep/grandche...07/review.html

Powertrains and Performance

The Laredo comes standard with a 3.7-liter V6 that produces 210 hp and 235 pound-feet of torque. The Limited is equipped with a new 4.7-liter V8 that is now flex-fuel capable and pumps out 235 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. However, the flex-fuel engine option is not available on cars sold in certain states (California, Connecticut, Maine, New York and Vermont). A 5.7-liter V8 comes optional on the Limited and standard on the Overland, and is good for 330 hp and 375 lb-ft of torque. The engine features the Multi-Displacement System, which deactivates four cylinders when they are not needed and improves fuel economy. The new 3.0-liter common-rail diesel engine is available on the Limited and Overland trim levels, and produces 215 hp and 376 lb-ft of torque. The diesel engine offers up to 30 percent improvement in fuel economy. All four engines are mated to a standard five-speed automatic transmission.

Laredo 4WD models come with a full-time all-wheel-drive system, while Limited 4WDs come with the advanced Quadra-Trac II (optional on the Laredo) system that utilizes a two-speed transfer case. The optional Quadra-Drive II system (standard on the Overland, optional on Limited) combines a full-time two-speed transfer case with front/rear/center electronic limited slip differentials. With the diesel engine, the Grand Cherokee is rated to pull 7,400 pounds.

The Grand Cherokee SRT8 sports a massaged 6.1-liter V8 that pumps out 420 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque. A bored-out version of the regular Hemi, the 6.1-liter benefits from a higher compression ratio, a higher-flow cylinder head and redesigned intake and exhaust systems. A five-speed automatic transmission is standard, along with a full-time all-wheel-drive system for maximum traction and acceleration. The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is capable of 0-60-mph times of less than 5 seconds.
So does that mean that I can not change the 4x4 manually, it is always on and I didn't get screwed?
Unread 12-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #12
madrabbitt

yeah, its a quadratrac I system. All wheel drive, all the time. No low range option.

Thats standard for the Laredo trim, with the v6 engine.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #13
madrabbitt

Oh, and remember how i said get a build sheet from the dealer?

That'll confirm it.

Of course, you could just peak underneath at the front suspension... if theres a driveshaft there, then its obviously a 4x4

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.