How To Make My Jeep Louder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > How To Make My Jeep Louder

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.com

Unread 09-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
wmtitan024

How To Make My Jeep Louder

i have a 1993 4.0 6cyl. cherokee. i put a cherry bomb muffler on it today and i kno as it gets older it gets louder. it doesnt sound that loud now which i was surprised but if i throw an exhaust tip on my exhaust will it bring out more sound. also i have a regular pipe its not aftermarket. jus wonderin if a tip can bring out the sound of my muffler more

wmtitan024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
Jigsaw89
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If you truly want a loud Jeep while maintaining the appearance of a complete exhaust system, remove the cats and run a straight through design muffler. Or you could custom fab a side exit exhaust system minus cats and muffler.

On my '89 Conquest I installed a complete mandrel bent 3" exhaust system with test pipe and Dynomax 3" ultra flow muffler (part #WLK-17223) with 4" tip. Because the car is turbo charged, much of the harsh rumble is washed out by the sound of the spooling turbo. Loud wasn't my goal... free flowing exhaust with increased spool-up was.

Good Luck,
Dan
Unread 09-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #3
mgtsldr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I cut my exhaust off right after the cat and it was pretty loud. Why do you want it so loud anyway?
mgtsldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
Marauder_Pilot

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Coffee can.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
Drkmoon

Since you're going for cool factor, why not chrome your hood. It's an awesome mod that's becoming very popular. Makes washing it way easy, as you can see all the dirt. And don't forget about lug spacers to make your tires look even bigger. Your ride will be tricked out in no time.
Drkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkmoon View Post
Since you're going for cool factor, why not chrome your hood. It's an awesome mod that's becoming very popular. Makes washing it way easy, as you can see all the dirt. And don't forget about lug spacers to make your tires look even bigger. Your ride will be tricked out in no time.
you forget about the stickers. get a VTEC sticker on your windshield, it adds 50hp.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
Drkmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
you forget about the stickers. get a VTEC sticker on your windshield, it adds 50hp.
Good catch, it's been on there so long I almost forget about it.
Drkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 07:12 AM   #8
Brads_nky_yj

or maybe he just wants it to sound better than the stock "dead cat in a old can" sound. Remove everything from the cat back and just straight pipe it into a nice flowmaster or something. It will be loud and sound nice, its what I plan on doing.
Unread 09-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads_nky_yj View Post
or maybe he just wants it to sound better than the stock "dead cat in a old can" sound. Remove everything from the cat back and just straight pipe it into a nice flowmaster or something. It will be loud and sound nice, its what I plan on doing.
this is a popular route for many people, but beware, you will loose low end torque.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #10
thelazerviking

i quite enjoy the cherry bomb i dropped in past my cat. it's not too loud at all but it sounds good. trust me you don't want exhaust that drones either so be careful
thelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
jwoody

if you have the money, you should get a manifold back system, headers, pipes cat's etc. cherry bomb is popular but not all that great, check out magnaflow and those bigger companies etc
jwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 06:13 AM   #12
YJNate

my cat replaced with pipe into magnaflow muffler. sounds great!
YJNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #13
1998zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If you want it loud just cut a hole in the floor and route the pipe through the floor into the cab with you. Remember to breath deep.
1998zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #14
Jmerante
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i cut my muffler off and put a cherrybomb glasspack on. its not the rice sound that we all hate. it has a nice tone that sounds like real power. its a 98 wrangler 4.0l
Jmerante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #15
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998zj View Post
If you want it loud just cut a hole in the floor and route the pipe through the floor into the cab with you. Remember to breath deep.
Ya kno, I really wish some of those honda guys would do this....

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

I am an Authorized IRO dealer!!
SILASPRIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.