how easy is a 258 to 350 swap? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > how easy is a 258 to 350 swap?

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 02-28-2002, 08:58 AM   #1
FF4Life

how easy is a 258 to 350 swap?

the 258 in my 81 cj5 recently died on me was thinkin about puttin a 350cid in its place. what is required in the changeout besides the motor mounts. do u need an adapter for the tranny , how much do they run etc etc thanks

FF4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 07:48 PM   #2
bigcj

ypu can do it with a trans adapter and making motor mounts (im sure you could buy them somewhere though) if ur up to a challenge go for it but its not a one night thing. to find adapters i think advanced adapters has them
bigcj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.